Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturdays at the farmers market

I've decided that for the rest of the summer our Saturday dinners will be made mostly from the items I purchase at the farmers market on Saturday mornings



Today I purchased
Cranberry walnut bread
garlic mint cheese spread
onion
red grapes
(celery was store bought)









I shredded a cooked chicken ( I buy a organic chicken about every other week and try to make 3 meals out of it. I cook it shredded it and store it in the freezer) Then I added chopped celery, onion, and grapes to the chicken and mixed in the garlic mint cheese spread until it was moist. Next I spread it on the the cranberry walnut bread for a delicious sandwich












For a side salad I purchased plum tomatoes fresh mozzarela and kalamata olives




1 comment: