Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birthday part 3 (cake and dinner)

On our summer vacation L fell in love with fish and chips. So that is what she had for her birthday dinner. We try to make most of our meals from scratch, but this one ended up being frozen premade stuff.  Thankfully I found organic fries and ketchup!



Her birthday cake came from the Festivels Family and Food book. We used the apple cake recipe and I just made up a maple cream frosting..  It took some thinking to figure out the apple cake recipe because I needed to double it, and it was written in the metric system so the flour  sugar, and butter were by weight. Luckily I had a mail scale.  Im not sure if I did it the right way...  but the cake turned out very rich and yummy, but from what I
remember it came out to 1 1/2 cups of sugar! and 1 1/2 sticks of butter!






No comments:

Post a Comment